In October I discussed a rule based approach to music making and quickly produced an album of material based on that dogmatic system. Since then I have been experimenting with refinements to the rules consisting mostly of different configurations of equipment. For this piece I used the DSI Tempest, Korg Volca Keys running through the Korg Monotribe, Novation Bass Station II, and Memory Man Delay. I followed these rules:
1. No overdubbing. All tracks were recorded at the same time.
2. No computer sequencing. All sequencing was on the instruments used.
3. No looping or shuffling parts in post. Editing for length and content was allowed.
4. No additional processing in the mix. Fades were allowed.
5. No mix tricks in post. Reverse and rolls were performed live.
Previously I allowed myself to use delay and reverb plugins in post. This time I applied no additional processing apart for normalizing the final mix. I also included the Bass Station II, and recorded the Memory Man Analogue Delay during the performance.